Simple, low-cost install
Less prone to damage compared to nose mount
Maintains EO/IR field-of-regard
CFD International’s Sponson Sensor Mount (SSM) is engineered and built to meet the requirements of various government agencies, both military and civilian.
This patented, combat-proven system provides a stable platform for mounting a wide range of sensors.
CFD’s SSM maintains crucial field of regard, improves hard-landing survivability, provides unsurpassed stability and is significantly less expensive than alternative nose
mount installations. Mission kit design of the SSM means easy on/easy off capability for use where it is most needed.
Features & Benefits
- Low cost - Less expensive than other mounting solutions
- Simple installation - rapid, in-the-field installation and removal prevents costly structural modifications
- Safe location - Improves hard landing survivability over nose mount while maintaining crucial field of regard
- Compatible with EGMS - Modular design allows installation with LWEGMS or EGMS systems on A/L/M models
- Versatile - supports FSI StarSAFIRE, FSI BRITEStar, FSI Talon, Wescam MX-15, MX-15i, Raytheon MTS-A, most searchlights
- Military aerospace grade workmanship.
- Compliant with environmental requirements (solar radiation,
high/low/shock temperature, altitude,
humidity, rain, ice, salt fog, fungus, sand, and dust) per MIL-STD-810G.
- Compliant with explosive atmosphere requirements per
- Compliant with human factors requirements per
NATICK/TR-89/044 and MIL-STD-1472G.
- Gunfire clearances per MIL-STD-1289.
- Compliant with non-operating environment requirements
(high/low/shock temperature, and altitude).
- Compliant with induced environments
[functional/bench-handling/crash-hazard shock, 6G’s
acceleration, fluid susceptibility, structural vibration (5% separation), and
gunfire vibration (1
- Fatigue life IAW MIL-STD-882D.
- Compliant with structural requirements
(flight/landing/ground/transport loading conditions, airframe
crash criteria, floor loading, interface load limits, and dynamic stability).
- Compliant with military aerospace materials, processes and
- Ground resonance per AVNS-PRF-10002.
- Compliant with E3 requirements (lightning, EMC, EMI, ESD,
and electrical bonding).
- Compliant with MIL-STD-704F electrical requirements
(non-essential busses only, fuse/circuit
breaker, 115 VAC, 28 VDC, exported transients, voltage spike, dielectric
insulation resistance, grounding requirements, shield grounding, wire shields,
returns, secondary power returns, signal returns, shielding gaskets, E3 hardness,
- Product marking per MIL-STD-130N.
- Interchangeable per MIL-I-8500D.
- FOD resistant.
- Flaw tolerant.
Note: typical spec compliance shown above; actual compliance varies by product.