Universal cargo floor interface
Pivots to allow weapon maintenance and ingress/egress
CFD’s Palletized Gun Mount System (PGMS) is designed to fit in the door/window or on the ramp of a multitude of aircraft. The pallet - the only custom component -
attaches to the cargo tie down rings and seat studs. All the rest of the components attach to the pallet. By designing the system this way, most of the components can be stocked in
advance and sold off the shelf, cutting cost and lead time substantially.
PGMS comes in two variants depending on the height of the aircraft ceiling.
Features & Benefits
- Pivoting - the arm that supports the weapon pivots to allow retraction of the weapon into the cabin for maintenance, to aid ingress/egress and to allow the aircraft
doors to be closed for reduced drag.
- Increased range - the arm is compatible with .50 cal weapons to provide an increased Weapons Engagement Zone (WEZ).
- High Capacity Magazines - 3,000 rounds of 7.62mm and 600 rounds of .50 cal ammunition per magazine. The pallet can be customized to add as many magazines as will fit in
the aircraft for even more ammunition.
- Quick release - the entire system can be removed quickly, without tools.
||« PGMS Low Ceiling »
||« PGMS High Ceiling »
|Crew Serve Locations
|7.62mm Ammo Capacity
|.50 Cal Ammo Capacity
|.50 Cal Mount
- Military aerospace grade workmanship.
- Compliant with environmental requirements (solar radiation,
high/low/shock temperature, altitude,
humidity, rain, ice, salt fog, fungus, sand, and dust) per MIL-STD-810G.
- Compliant with explosive atmosphere requirements per
- Compliant with human factors requirements per
NATICK/TR-89/044 and MIL-STD-1472G.
- Gunfire clearances per MIL-STD-1289.
- Compliant with non-operating environment requirements
(high/low/shock temperature, and altitude).
- Compliant with induced environments
[functional/bench-handling/crash-hazard shock, 6G’s
acceleration, fluid susceptibility, structural vibration (5% separation), and
gunfire vibration (1
- Fatigue life IAW MIL-STD-882D.
- Compliant with structural requirements
(flight/landing/ground/transport loading conditions, airframe
crash criteria, floor loading, interface load limits, and dynamic stability).
- Compliant with military aerospace materials, processes and
- Ground resonance per AVNS-PRF-10002.
- Compliant with E3 requirements (lightning, EMC, EMI, ESD,
and electrical bonding).
- Compliant with MIL-STD-704F electrical requirements
(non-essential busses only, fuse/circuit
breaker, 115 VAC, 28 VDC, exported transients, voltage spike, dielectric
insulation resistance, grounding requirements, shield grounding, wire shields,
returns, secondary power returns, signal returns, shielding gaskets, E3 hardness,
- Product marking per MIL-STD-130N.
- Interchangeable per MIL-I-8500D.
- FOD resistant.
- Flaw tolerant.
Note: typical spec compliance shown above; actual compliance varies by product.